Student Transportation/Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
You will be receiving transportation information and a map at the first grade Open House or the Kindergarten Orientation. It is very important information to ensure that our arrivals/dismissals run safely and efficiently. Please review this information before your child's first day of school!
As you may be aware, unless your child is open enrolled or has made a session change, Lakota fully transports to all of its early childhood schools. Although transportation is offered by the district, we understand there will be unique circumstances where families may not utilize district provided transportation. Whether you will be using district provided transportation, day care, or parent pick up, it is critical we have a transportation form filled out prior to the first day of school.
Busing information will be available online beginning August 10. In order to access your child's bus route information online, you will need your child's ID number. If you choose to drop-off or pick-up your child each day, you will need to walk your child into the building in the morning and sign them out at the end of the school day. Parking is available in the front lot closest to the playground and in the front of the West Freshman Campus.
Students riding the bus will be dropped off along the front sidewalk. Staff will be present to supervise and offer assistance as students walk to their classrooms.
- AM Kindergarten, All-Day Kindergarten, and First Grade 9:20 am
- PM Kindergarten 1:05 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten — 12:10 p.m. our dismissal process will begin.
- PM Kindergarten, All-Day Kindergarten and First Grade — 3:55 p.m. our dismissal process will begin. If you are picking up your child, please be at Creekside before 3:50 p.m. in order to ensure that our dismissal runs smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
Notifying the School for Parent Pick-up
- Please send a note to school each time you would like to request your child to leave early or if you are planning to pick up your child from school at the end of the day.
- If you are unable to send a note, please fax your request to Creekside no later than 10:30 a.m. for (AM) dismissal and 2:30 p.m. for (PM) dismissal — Fax number 513-682-4213.
- If you do not send a note or fax and you arrive after 12:05 p.m. for morning dismissal or 3:50 p.m. for afternoon dismissal requesting to pick up your child up from school, you will need to check at the main office, this process may delay your child's dismissal time. Once the dismissal process has begun and students are on route to the buses we will not remove a student from the line or the bus due to safety concerns. You will need to meet your child at the bus stop.
- IMPORTANT! When picking up a Creekside student from school or visiting a Creekside classroom, you will be required to display a state issued photo ID, such as your driver's license. You will be asked EVERY time you visit or pick up your child. Please, always carry your ID with you when entering our building.
- Please observe the grade levels as marked on our paring lot since Preschool parents will be arriving at a different entry point. Preschool parking only along the parking spots facing Tylersville Road. Parking along the sidewalk in front and sides of the building is prohibited during school hours (9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). These parking spaces are reserved for buses only.
- Open parking spots in front of Creekside or the West Freshman Campus can be used by Creekside kindergarten and first grade parents.
- Park only in designated parking spots. Neglecting to do so could result in the obstruction of traffic flow and result in the delay of your morning and afternoon commute.
In order to ensure student safety, students will be able to ride only their regularly scheduled buses home each day. Parents may only request that a student ride another bus in an emergency situation, such as a medical emergency that creates a scenario where no one will be home to meet the child. Requests to ride another bus must be made in writing to the principal or assistant principal.